Subject Author Posted Replies

Melos Echo Chamber, EM120 from 1979
Compact Analogue tape loop uses Apollon HD5000 small "8 track" cart and very long tape loop. In very good internal appearance. No tape transport , but motor and spindle is fine. Too much resistance to...
4
4

Before I break this connector...
I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove this cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to unrecoverable errors! By the way, this is (I think) the display connector...
9
9

Dead Tek 2235
A friend came across one of these, a bit dirty but otherwise looking OK. Green pilot lights up, but the screen does not, even in a darkened room. Are there well-known failure points in these? Where to...
9
9

Hum from Cable
I recently moved and connected my new Cox Contour DVR to an audio receiver and TV. (A Blu-ray player is also connected to the receiver and TV; this m ay or may not have any relevance to my issues.)...
6
6

Tascam digital recorder with defective display.
This Tascam DR-44WL digital recorder was given to me for repair. I asked how the screen got damaged. The user, a friend of mine, said that it wasn't dropped or mishandled. It was placed on the floor...
14
14

connectors wanted
for 18 Ga wire out of dashboard receiver. want to separate connectors n pull receiver out during sensitive parking. several dc and 4 stereo connectors if possible with no distortion/loss . broadcast...
11
11

Linksys WRT54GS wireless router occasionally drops to 1.0 Mbps and stays there.
As the Subject says: I have a Linksys WRT54GS v.2 wireless router which occasionally drops to 1.0 Mbps and stays there. Signal strength still shows excellent. Can't even ping the router via a wireless...
21
21

Auto woofer
I took the back of my back seat out of my car and was surprised to see that I have a woofer! It has 4 wires running down the cone, two on each side. Is that because it has 2 voice coils, one for the...
8
8

Electronics Engineer just starting in the world of industrial PCBA fixing
Hi all, I am just starting into this world of fixing industrial PCBAs. As you may know, in this kind of repairing, normally there are no schematics available, most of the times you do not have a PCBA...
2
2

Where have the cheap Cell phone repair parts?
Here factory Iphone/Samsung/Sony/Ipad/Macbook and so charger port flex cable,earphone flex cable,back camara,front camera,LCD screen,housing,SIM card tray,screws,wifi cable,bluetooth flex cable,home...

Yamaha EMX2000 repair
Hi, had one of these powered mixers on the bench this week - but without a clea r fault report! The unit belongs to a church and was brought in by a regul ar customer, who did not use it personally....
6
6

Resistance of thermal switch in thermocouple - does it matter - hot water heater - generic replacement
Does the difference in resistance matter if you replace a 24-inch 30mv thermocouple that has a thermal switch versus one without the thermal switch? I bought a generic Honeywell 30mv 24-inch...
24
24

Repairing damaged ribbon connector slot
I had some free time the other day and figured out the issue with my basket case i7 (bent power supply connection pin on the motherboard.) It's powering up now. Unfortunately it looks like the ribbon...
17
17

Recommendations for Failed Samsung Power Supply?
Received a Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA LED TV with starting problems. From experience with this model guessed it had bad cap(s) so checked the Power Supply and found the 47uF 160 V cap starting to bulge....
20
20

6 million dollar ford pickup?
I guess Steve Austin would own one.. bob