Subject Author Posted Replies

How to create an EMERGENCY folder on a mobile device (and what to put inside)
Do you create an EMERGENCY folder on your mobile device (and what do you put inside)? I just created an "Emergency" folder on my phone. What would you suggest goes inside your emergency folder? a. 911...
41
41

Fire nearby - Best freeware Police/Fire Scanner (which do YOU use?)
Which free police/fire scanner do you recommend that does not have intrusive ads? There's a fire, called the "Loma Fire" nearby, near the site of the big earthquake of 89 (also probably in sight of...
24
24

PV PVi4B amp, 2009
Failed output but fan continued. Any new ideas for that archetypal PbF symptom , of failure with owner and everything fine with repairer.? Initially litterally feather-touch twizzling ellicited...
3
3

PbF + gold-plating + tinpest?
Anyone have a test for tinpest? 2 year old Mark Bass mini CMD 121P amp with rustling noise, bad pbf on the guitar input socket. One pin easily pulled out of its eyelet that remained well soldered into...
2
2

Problems with OTA UHF reception
For the past ten days or so we have been having problems with TV channel 4. This station broadcasts on UHF from Boston Mass. and we are about 45 miles (as the crow flies) from the transmitter. The...

TV and monitor service manuals
For what it's worth, just put up the service manuals for various tv's, monitors and projectors, about 8000 of them. Includes weird stuff like the 3D eyewear that came with some of the 3D sets. -bruce
6
6

Schematic for 1974 GM car radio needed
I only need the immediate output stage. This had a blown DS501 and I want to check the bias on this germanium transistor. This came out of a '74 Cad dy but all GM car radios used the same output...
3
3

Which part can i check
As the plug of induction cooker put in the socket and switch on the main MCB trips instead of fuse in the ckt board. What should i check pls tell...
2
2

Loudspeaker magnets orientation in Philips planar models
I noticed that in various early Philips planar stereo or bi-ampli models the left and righthand loudspeaker magnets are not always in the same position relative to each other. Question: is it a don't...

Comparison of the Verizon & T-Mobile "free" iPhone 7 with iPhone 6 tradein deal
Here is a summary of what I know about the T-Mobile and Verizon plans to give you a "free" iPhone 7 32GB when you do two things: a. You trade in *any* iPhone 6 b. You keep your service for the next...
3
3

Think twice before you buy Duracell batteries
57
57

Panasonic VCR NV-SD240B problem
I have a Panasonic NVSD240 that plays tapes perfectly well with brilliant picture. However, when powered on and before inserting a tape, it shows 'no signal' (no blue screen or similar as other VCRs -...
1
1

Panasonic NV-SD240B problem
I have a Panasonic NVSD240 that plays tapes perfectly well with brilliant picture. However, when powered on and before inserting a tape, it shows 'no signal' (no blue screen or similar as other VCRs -...

Panasonic NVSD240 VCR problem
I have a Panasonic NVSD240 that plays tapes perfectly well with brilliant picture. However, when powered on and before inserting a tape, it shows 'no signal' (no blue screen or similar as other VCRs -...
1
1

Re: How to look up the GPS location of your MAC address or car on the Internet
I realize you're trying to help, so I will just try to be gentle at the same time I'm trying to be blunt (you can do the same with me). Nobody said anything about IP addresses. And the *location* is...
10
10