Subject Author Posted Replies

Anchor Ensign Podium With Mic and Amp
I am trying to help a friend of mine fix the electronic podium for his chur ch. It worked fine for years til they brought it to someone (not me) to cha nge the rechargeable battery. He changed the...

BS 1363 plug on a two conductor cord of a lamp.
Hi, Does installation of a BS 1363 plug, with a ground pin, on a two conductor cord of a table lamp, violate wiring regulations? I don't imagine an unconnected ground pin posing a hazard. Does a lamp...
12
12

Roomba lawn mower
Roomba now also has a mop. How long until they come out with a lawn mower? Yes, I've seen the video of a Roomba finding and splattering dog poop. Never had a Roomba but I'd'a hoped they had some way...
23
23

Tree pruning laser?
They want ten grand to chop the tops of three pines, so I got to (uh oh) thinking what if I could put a laser on a drone. Then I realised the power is too much, so you would need a cable. The power...
14
14

Cambridge A5 amp crowbarring?
Headscratching time. On first receipt tried the amp out as owner had been using 1 channel only , after having blown the other by shorting it. Both LV ac fuses ok but one SAP15 p-type blown. Had to...
5
5

ML-1610 lost its way
After a period of non-use I pulled my Samsung ML-1610 back into service, an d put in a new cartridge (since then I've put in yet another in the thought s that the problem lies there) and fired her up....
2
2

How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway?
How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway? In another thread, the topic came up that LED lights may not last as long nor as bright as claimed on the package: Lights of...
38
38

washing machine pump motor
There was a discussion a LONG time ago about a washing machine pump motor. I have a Kenmore Oasis washing machine that I've had to do some repairs on. The drain pump has gotten clogged a few times...
8
8

Sanken SAP15 , 5 pin Darlingtons
With the built in temp comp diodes, 1 silicon in the N type and 5 Schotky in the P and mirror-reversed pinning . Owner put a short across one speaker line, magic smoke but other channel is normal....
4
4

Help Google search Oscilloscope
Would like to hook up my newish Rigol 4 channel scope to analyze ignition in my 1948 Pontiac. Need hookup and safety information. Entering "lab scope ignition testing" etc. leads to hundreds of links...
22
22

We may have Color TV within another decade.
Since the beginning of television, people have dreamed about seeing a color image on their picture tube. Scientists and engineers have been working on this for years, and it appears that in another...
8
8

Ray-49e VHF receiver not receiving
Nautical VHF radio from Raymarine type 49e, Tx ok but no Rx. Understand a possible cause might be linked to bad ceramic filters I've located two ceramic filters marked "CQ M50FW". Need help to find...
8
8

Brother printer maintenance mode not working
Following the factory service manual instructions re. how to access ?maintenance mode? on HL-2270DW laser. Steps in the manual say: with front cover open hold down Go button and turn on power. Hold Go...
2
2

Cleaning rubber rollers
Alcohol dries rubber eventually hardening rollers. Thinking of printer rollers here. What alternative cleaner do you use on printer rollers and such? I?ll take my answer off the air. (c: Thanks.
16
16

Mercury Wall Switch
No problem here...just thinking about something. Growing up, my folks had one of those silent mercury toggle wall switches in their bedroom. It was there when we moved in. The regular switches around...
4
4