Subject Author Posted Replies

How to open the battery lid on the backside of Beolink 5000
How to open the battery lid of the back side of the beolink 5000 remote control?

Any point to a USB3 camera, for home use?
IIUC there is no point to trying to find a USB *THREE* port for a mouse or keyboard, right? USB TWO is plenty. Because so little data is transmitted. What about a camera? I know it uses a lot more,...
2
2

Wired, outdoor PC cameras?
I wanted to get some waterproof/outdoor cameras that plugged into the PC, or maybe something that connected straight to the PC. But all I see for sale are cameras meant to clip to the monitor, not be...
75
75

Help With Small Motor
The album <> shows a small motor and impeller from a water pump. I cannot figure out how to get the impeller off as the other end of the shaft is enclosed. I am trying to replace the bearing. Google...
4
4

Vizio 2.0 Sound Bar SB2020n-J6 - learning the TV's remote
I just bought a Vizio sound bar, model SB2020n-J6, which is the cheap 2.0 sound bar. It has a feature that allows the sound bar to "learn" the IR codes transmitted by your TV remote's Volume-,...
2
2

75th Anniversary...
... of the Transistor. This week. Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA
2
2

Attacks (CNN)
Why The Power Grid Is An ‘Attractive Target’ For Attacks (CNN) CNN - Dec 5, 2022 -- The motivation behind an attack on the electrical grid in a North Carolina county remains a mystery. But the...
1
1

Laser toner re-dry possible?
Few posts in these days so thought Id post here in case! HP LaserJet colour. I find particularly the yellow toner begins to loose its intensity after a couple of years of very low print count use. My...

Bloody Mouser!
I can't get any sense out of Mouser's website. You'd have thought finding a diode would be simple enough; the spec ain't that hard to meet: 600V 3A fast recovery diode with through-hole cylindrical...
23
23

Seiki SC-40FK700N with Dim Top Screen
I have a Seiki SC-40FK700N TV with what appears to me to be dim backlighting along the top 1/3 of the screen. The lower portion of the screen appears as normal, but about 2 weeks ago the top suddenly...
5
5

The Utter Futility of Keeping a Large Spares Inventory
I thought I had everything covered when I acquired a huge spare parts inventory from some chap who was emigrating a while ago. However, despite now being the proud owner of tens of thousands of caps,...
17
17

Old Laptop Power Connector
This is an old Magitronic Laptop I would like to get going. Has 3 pin power requirement. Need help in pinout and power assignment. Have not found anything on the net for some time now. Appreciate any...
6
6

smartphone magnetometer for current induction detection
Is it reasonable to expect a smartphone builtin magnetometer to measure the current in a wire by induction?
1
1

Re: cooling via natural gas, was: Gas shortage UK
How can a cat produce a cooling effect? Do you make it run in a wheel to turn a compressor? Traditionally hamsters are for that. And Amish with refridgeration? That would be against their rules...
21
21

Realistic STA 740
Hi, I am from Poland. I am looking for a realistic sta 740 amplifier diagram. Please contact me.
4
4