Subject Author Posted Replies

small wire

Best Phillips Screwdrivers?
For many years now, I have always used the black handle Xcelite Phillips screwdrivers with the chrome shaft & black tip. I outfitted my electronics bench with a fresh set a few years ago, and the #1...
50
50

Can someone help us interpret what this patent says about a single torsion spring? (was: What does "urging" a clutch pedal mean versus what is a "treading" force?)
On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 18:44:58 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron advised: Restating the question to ask if anyone here can tell us what the patent says about the single-torsion spring setup... The problem...
3
3

HP LaserJet 4L toner sticks to OPC
I have an HP LaserJet 4L that has sit unused for five years, when last used it printed pefectly. Now I get this: I tested to open the printer door halfway in the process to see the print b efore the...
6
6

I need bios Positivo 6 71 W54t0 D03
Does anyone have this Bios? I appreciate the answers. Good end of the year to all colleagues! Best Regards!!! Goiano
6
6

How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall?
How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall? Yesterday, for practice in dismounting, patching, and remounting, I patched these 5 tires above, which a friend and I had lying...
60
60

Nikkai N64AU 12V inverter to mains
Dropped on hard floor and now just 1/2 second LED illumination. No sophisticated chippery inside, an LM324 and 2x TL494, no SMD unless under something. No obviously failed solder joints of big lumps...
4
4

Dell monitor - invokes factory reset at boot.
In the past week, my Dell monitor has developed the habit of doing a factory reset when the PC is booting up. I wouldn't mind - but it gets it wrong and leaves the image shifted to the right. Doing...
10
10

PbF and eyelets
Third time in as many months, usual PbF phantom problems, solder looks fine but no wetting between eyelet and pin and grey (tinpest?) pin, even after desoldring. Other repairers regularly finding this...
13
13

VGA to composite or S converter problems
I needed to convert the VGA output from my laptop to either S or composite video. I purchased this converter and although I can get it to display on t he video monitor the picture appears as though...
7
7

Revox A722
OK- I found one of these out of Luxembourg for (relative) sparrow-feed, lis ted as 'not working' that I snagged the other day. Although it has not yet arrived I am preparing for the restoration. Some...
23
23

Best laptop battery care
We have several laptops that are rarely used. As best I can find, it is fatal to a Li Ion battery to go completely dead, and that has often happened on our laptops. Three of our relatively new laptops...
7
7

Studiomaster powerhouse vision 12
Hi, I received this desk in bits, literally, in a huge bag and have slowly been rebuilding it. There were a number of different revision boards probably from other studiomaster desks in the bag also....
8
8

Way OT Refrigerator
I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving folks here. My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor. I cannot figure out where it is coming from. It has a freezer...
12
12

Bose model CD-3000 Acoustic Wave Radio. The serial number is AW110AU 176614. Manufactured in 1997.
Hello All, I'm new to this group. The above radio has a problem with AM reception. Signal strength is variab le from unusable to normal listening volumn. I suspect the sanyo LA1851N a m fm radio ic. I...