Subject Author Posted Replies

Repair a Hammond Organ?
I could not resist buying this. A heavy Hammond Organ. It appears to be from the early 70's. A local second hand store had it for $5 marked (AS-IS). The wooden cabinet is near perfect. But there is no...
8
8

How did my alarm code change when I never touched it
How did my alarm code change when I never touched it? (not a computer but it does have a digitally stored program, and solid state memory for the settings, less than 1000 bytes, I think.) About 9...
9
9

toggle data
I got my new sim, for my trip, today, and the vendor was nice enough to including a warning that if one has not bought a data plan (and I was waiting until I got there) he should disable the cellular...
1
1

ATX PSU and motherboard
I don't remember seeing a question here about ATX PSUs and motherboards. So if there is a better forum to ask my question no doubt someone will tell me where... My previous computer became...
5
5

Batteries make flashilight hot.
I have one of thoe little 2.5" LED flashlights, that have 9 small LEDs and use 3 AAA batteries. It's like the ones that Harbor Freight sometimes gives away free, same size, but nicer. The guy I bought...
19
19

Will no output devie hurt output transistors?
Years ago, I was told not to play my stereo with no speakers, for fear of somethun' or other. Of course that was 1968, a good year for audio. Is this still an issue with current electronics, like...
5
5

electric blanket getting significantly weaker over short period of time (2023 Update)
I am on my second Sunbeam electric blanket this Winter and it is doing the same thing as the first one I had-- starts off for a couple of weeks working correctly, then spends a week getting weaker and...
16
16

WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer
WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If you have any in you junk box please contact me.
7
7

Dual SIM issues
I had a BLU DASH JR with H2O and Redpocket (both ATT resellers with $100/yr plans) until ATT dropped 2G. So I got a BLU R1 HD and only H2O worked when I got it on Saturday. I called redpocket and they...
16
16

CONSUMER ELECTRONICS DIY REPAIR?
Not sure if this is the right place but I certainly will appreciate any input anyone can give me. I have a Homedics back massager that I purchased at Walmart for $100. I refuse to just throw it away...
6
6

Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
What is the best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of electronic parts? I am looking for an online source where I can place orders for a handful of parts at a time, which does not require $50...
45
45

How to set up Ubiquiti Nanobeam M2 as an Access Point, wired to a wired extender, on WISP?
I'm setting up a Ubiquiti Nanobeam M2 400 as an access point, wired to a router which itself is wired to the main router, which itself is connected to a WISP antenna on the roof. Here's where I'm...
1
1

What's the latest in Desoldering gadgets?
Back in the 70s, I used a red bulb with a special plastic tip that did not melt. They were cheap and did a fair job. Then there was solder wick. That worked well on PC boards, but not real well on...
27
27

Power Pole Transformer is too small
This is slightly off topic.... I live on a farm, and have a main disconnect switch on the meter pole, rated at 400A. That feeds 3 buildings (house, garage, and barn) each has 100A main breakers. It...
12
12

Electromechanical Appliance Timers
I've gotten curious about the accuracy or not of these. I am speaking of the motor-driven timers with a 24-hour dial on the front. Obviously not something someone would use where precision is required...
9
9