Subject Author Posted Replies

Over-voltage protection
Hi all, I have a Yaesu FT857 transceiver which requires a nominal supply of 13.8VDC. I accidentally fed it with 30VDC and something went 'phut' after about 60 seconds and there was a whisp of smoke....
2
2

underdocumented parts
Just got back function of my nice old Kenwood stereo (lovely addition to a television/DVD/BD setup, the sound is excellent). During snow season, with power flickering, it... got very odd. Powered up,...

Toshiba 32" TV suddenly left with no audio or video
Hello there. I was just watching a TV show, when, suddenly, the TV image turned itself off but audio was working fine. Some minutes after that audio stopped to work too. I tried to turn it on as I...
10
10

CHarge vs use battery
How do you use diodes and capapcitors to switch a 4v power supply so it continuously charges a battery when not being used. I have an hp2621a terminal which had a battery to keep nonvolatile settings...
4
4

Re: Rank Arena TV - problems
Hi, everyone, I know this is somewhat of a late entry, however I've just managed to pick up one of these Rank Arena c-2634 AutoColour models for restoration - AND SAVING SOME AUSTRALIA'S manufacturing...
2
2

Sealed pot crackling and scratchy: Perfect fix---
My existing Fosi volume pot crackling and scratchy:  If any of your equipment has this 's a wiper in sealed pots that gets a build-up of oxidation over time. Exorcising it will clean the oxidation...

Canon OCE Plotwave 300 service manual? Right To Repair!
Has anyone seen a printed/PDF copy of the service manual for the OCE scanner/printers? Extensive online hunting turns up nothing other than ads for buying said scanner/printer...(or I missed it!) My...

Re: Downloading Sony manuals.
A full archive (220GB as of 2021) is here: Full dump is here: docs.sony.com 2021 gathering.zip docs.sony.com 2021 gathering.zip
2
2

ghosts? take over devices?
-- Thanks to Hunt A Killer for sponsoring today's video. Go to https://bit.ly/HAK_SLAPPED and use code: slapped for $10 off your order! From terrifying footage of possible poltergeist activity in a...

Advice sought: Diagnosing & Repair of Samsung LN52A650A1FXZA LCD TV
This TV is showing all the signs of a TCON or TAB failure. The RHS of the screen exhibits a combination of various issues: ghosting images, duplicated images, solarized sections on the screen, what...

HP2621A nonvol backup battery
Looking to identify the 4v battery used to backup settings on 1980 HP2621A CRT video display terminal. I can't find the battery type online. Seems all the manuals are truncated at chapter 5. It is...
6
6

Raspberry Pi - msdosgeneric
I wonder if I get an rs232-usb connector, and port the .SYS terminal driver (I recoded in assembler but in 1985), I should be able to get a razpie to run. Question how I would network if it is MSDOS....
2
2

self-charging backup battery
I have a 1980 device (HP2621a terminal) with a now discontinued battery which retained settings while off. I am wondering if there isn't ome sort of continuously recharging (when on) battery that...
4
4

Philips PM 2518 meter calibration
Does anyone have the Calibration Manual (not the User Manual) for a Philips PM2518 multimeter? There is a way of calibrating it manually without connecting it to a computer, but I only have partial...
2
2

Re: What about this Bondstec Microwave Oven BT - 612MW
time for another followup! my bondstec is the BT-101MW! granpa nukey