Z80 reverse Engineer code.

I have decompiled a Z80 code.
But I want to converse this code to a high level language,
like Basic, C or another you can sugest.

If someone can do it, I'm able to pay for it.

Thank.
WS

Re: Z80 reverse Engineer code.

No one would do that unless you know implicitly what the WHOLE code does,
along with all the relevant port/I/O definitions etc...

Re: Z80 reverse Engineer code.

In the code we can find the ports addres def.

Re: Z80 reverse Engineer code.

I like the Z80 processor.  I did my first assembly programming for the Z80.

As somebody pointed out, I would need to know more about the code, its
purposes, and what you are trying to do with it.

I would consider doing it if the price is right.

Re: Z80 reverse Engineer code.

The code is for a Roulette slot machine.
Like this one :
http://www.sleic.es/struct/images/r_high.jpg

I want the source code in high level language to be able to make some
change.

How much is a right price?

Re: Z80 reverse Engineer code.

Make the change in assembler!!!

Re: Z80 reverse Engineer code.

This message never seems to have made it to SBC/AT&T's servers so I cannot
follow up with it directly.

I still need a considerable amount of information to know what you are
trying to do.  Size of the original code would be nice?  What did you use
to de-compile it and what information is embedded within the assembly?  If
you plan on running it on the same machine, then I need to know what the
hardware constraints are?  It might not even be possible to convert to a
higher level language if the hardware constraints are too tight.
Information about the actual hardware may be necessary if the I/O
interfaces are not complete enough.  In short I need to know your exact
intentions, expectations, and any other possible information that you can
give me.  Lots of software projects are unsuccessful, not because of any
problems with the actual developement, but because the project objectives
were never properly stated.  The more info that you give me, the better
I may be able to help you.

I am proficient in C and normally try to keep my code to C99
specifications; but, I need to know exactly what you are doing.  Working
with embedded systems is quite quite different then working with computers
that have standard input/output devices and C99 compliant compilers and
standard libraries.  I need to know exactly what kind of toolchain you
plan to use.  Some of the I/O access functions may still need to call
some assembly to get full access to the hardware.

Make me an offer.  I might suggest offering to pay me on a daily or
weekly basis.  Every day/week I will send whatever work I have done.
Then, you can evaluate whether you are still interested in my work before
paying me for the next day/week.  I can accept payments through Paypal.  At
any rate, it is important to have some idea how much this project is
worth to you.  I would generally consider a price range as part of the
objectives and it may help to influence design decisions.

For TTman:
First, if he has truly just decompiled the code, then it is less assembly
which would have aliases/macros/variables/comments etc., then problably
more of just an opcode to assembler dump.  Some disassemblers are better
then others at trying to put placeholders on data and trying to identify
function blocks within the code.  Second, there may be other compelling
reasons for higher level code; ie, wanting to reuse the codebase after
hardware modfications.

Re: Z80 reverse Engineer code.

Either way, not a trivial task.... depends on the rewards I suppose. I once
cracked a ppv system, some 18 yrs ago that used 8051 (disassembled- hex to
op-code)... I spent months deciphering the code,the hardest bit being the
encryption algorithms.

Site Timeline