USB communications

I'm an newbee with USB communication (at least with microcontrollers).
I want to created a device which can be connected to the PC through USB. The
Microchip 18F2550 seems to be able to do this.
However I cannot find any good documentation on the (external) hardware
requirements for this. Do I just need the external pull-ups (maybe not with
the internal activated) and then connect the D+ and D- to the USB port (some
resistor as descriped in the datasheets for power and detection added if
needed)???

Does anyone have a code example for the microcontroller and/or the PC???

ThanX in Advance

Alexander

Re: USB communications

The
with
(some

I played around with the 16C745 (UV erasable windowed version!!)  which
supports USB 1.1 (Mainly because the 17F2550 wasn't in production). I got it
to work as a HID (human interface device) with the PC. There are a few
examples available on the net. Have a search for PICCALC and 16F745. Also,
both circuit cellar and elector have examples. Oh, and microchip.

I may have a play now the 18F version is available - if you manage to get
anything working, I'd be very interested.

HTH

Mike.

Re: USB communications
El Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:55:38 +1000, NewsGroup escribi:

test test

Site Timeline