Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

I have this ancient Fluke 8000A DMM that has a bad segment in one
of the display LEDs. I seem to not be able find a replacement.
The manual says the part (manufacturer part) ID is either:

DL707-811 or Q3202

The schematic shows a 14pin common anode device.

Ideas anyone?

Oh - while I'm at it - can anyone recommend a cheap/good cal lab to
adjust this machine?

TIA,
Tim Daneliuk     snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
Re: Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

Nope, don't know that part or any like it.
Perhaps you could try a industry standard LCD-Display with the same
measurements.

For the second question I do know the answer.
The best and cheapest one can be found on Mars ;)
I guess you know now that you wont get a good answer on this one, try adding
some direction on the World map.

Why would you like to adjust (calibrate?) this machine, most of the time you
don't need this, it's just required by regulations.
I myself have an old Fluke 73 and never experienced trouble or wrong
information (compared to a calibrated one). When it was calibrated for free,
I asked if they needed to adjust something. The answer was No.

Greetings,

Alexander

Re: Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

There are only a few standard LED digit configurations, and most of
them are still being made.

Those sound like the ancient MAN-something displays that came in a
14-pin DIP configuration (pins in two vertical rows). You can buy new
ones from disties (check Fairchild). You'll probably have to replace
all the digits because the brightness of modern pin-compatible
displays will be sooo much higher.

I also see one for sale on eBay for $18 BIN, which would be an other
way to get the parts.  7528978060  Caution- shipping cost is not
specified, but he's gotten no negs or neutrals on shipping cost- check
before bidding.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

have seen them at activesurplus if you are in this area.
  activesurplus.com  toronto canada

Re: Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

Hi Tim:

A google search turned up:

HP 5082-7750     7-Seg. Dis. Red .4" LHDP   HP & Com. Anode
*Subs. IEE1711, MAN72A, DL707,CSS-312R & SEA311ORE

So, if this is correct, it seems that a MAN72A would work, and that takes
you to:

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pfPrint/MA/MAN72A.html

...and Fairchild indicates that this is an active (still made) part.  Mouser
carries them, see
 www.mouser.com

Check the datasheet against the part that you have to make sure it's a sub,
of course!

Good Luck!

TJL

Re: Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

What exactly did you use for a search string.  When I did this, I got
more-or-less no meaningful results back.

It would also appear that the MAN3920A might work.  I'm going to have to
compare spec sheets.  Unfortunately, I have no specs for the original.

Thanks for the help (and to everyone else as well) ...
Tim Daneliuk     snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
PGP Key:         http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /

Re: Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

Hi Tim,

I used "DL707 LED" from Yahoo, and the first hit I got had all those subs
listed.  I usually try to enter as little of the part number as possible,
and perhaps the type of component it is I'm looking for.

Also, if you find a place that does meter calibration for reasonable rates,
please post to the group!

TJL

Site Timeline