Re-entrant interrupt on the 80C51

I see the HIP and LIP bits in the STATUS sfr are read only.  Feel it's a bit
of a shame!

Is there any way around this?

Re: Re-entrant interrupt on the 80C51

Which 8051 variant is this?

Ian

Re: Re-entrant interrupt on the 80C51

It's the Dallas DS80C400 part.

I've managed to do it in more a fudge like manner where I wrote an embedded
piece of assembler where I stacked a label (3 bytes for this part) and
called an RETI.  That then resets the LIP bit.  Shame it's read only and you
have to use this method.

Re: Re-entrant interrupt on the 80C51

It's the Dallas DS80C400 part.

I've managed to do it in more a fudge like manner where I wrote an embedded
piece of assembler where I stacked a label (3 bytes for this part) and
called an RETI.  That then resets the LIP bit.  Shame it's read only and you
have to use this method.

Site Timeline