question: the use of JTAG on ATMEL ATmega2560 cpu

I use a MCU card with ATMEGA2560 Microcontroller from
http://www.mikroe.com/en/tools/mcu_cards/avr/bigavr /

Now I  connected my JTAG programmer to this board, my jtag programmer is a E-lab
programmer: http://www.e-lab.de/pdf/ISP3_en.pdf

I connected the TMS, TCK, /RESET, TDO, TDI, VCC and GND from the programmer to
the ATmega2560. I send +5Volt from the programmer to the CPU, the programmers is
JTAG enabled using the E-lab programmer software.

My problem is that the programmer does not find the CPU.
Even if I try the SPI bus, the programmer can not find the cpu.

I do not know if any other signals must be in special state in order to enable
the jtag.
For example, on a ATmega128, the PEN pin must be connected to VCC. Is there
something.

Posting a schematic of a ATmega2560 with Jtag interface would help me.

Regards,
Mega lover

--------  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-