Question: the use of JTAG interface on Atmel ATmega2560 CPU.

Hello all ,
I use the JTAG - ISP programmer from E-LAB, http://www.e-lab.de/pdf/ISP3_en.pdf
And the JTAG connector is connected  to the
 http://www.tigal.com/product.asp?pid13%39
MCU-ATMEGA2560 board.

I connected TMS, TCK, /RESET, TDO, VCC, TDI, and GND.

The programmer sends 5V to the board on the VCC line.

In  the programmers software I selected JTAG programming option.

But there is no way the programmer wants to communicate with the CPU ATmega2560.
The programmer can not find the ATmega2560.

Do I need to connect any other CPU signals to GND or VCC ? Or do any other trick
?

(The programmer works good with the E-lab ATmega128 boards in JTAG mode.)

A shematic of a CPU board with JTAG interface and ATmega2560 cpu can help to
find the problem.

Please help.

Thanks,
Mega lover

--------  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Re: Question: the use of JTAG interface on Atmel ATmega2560 CPU.

I wonder if having an animated, puking drunk on their main page really
supports any confidence in their products?

http://www.e-lab.de/index_en.html

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA

Site Timeline