PIC16F916 PortA as input

Is there anyone using PIC16F916's lower half of portA (RA0~RA3) as
digital inputs? I have problem on these pins. I actually have RA0 as
analog input and RA1~RA4 as digital input. RA1~RA3 stuck low all the
time regardless the condition on the pin while RA4 is ok. I configured
the port as TRISA=0xFF, disabled LCD module by LCDEN=0 and configure
analog as ANSEL=0x01. Did I miss anything on RA1~RA3? I also
reassigned these 2 of the inputs to RA5 and RA6, they worked fine.
Many thanks.

Dennis

Re: PIC16F916 PortA as input

Probably the same thing I had with other multi-function pins.
In your case, make sure CMCON0 is set to 0x07.  This will disable the
comparator which wants to use RA0:RA3 as inputs.

Re: PIC16F916 PortA as input

That's exactly the right fix! It works now. Thank you so much. You
saved me days of work of trying to get support from Microchip.

Site Timeline