Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Has anyone else tried buying these online through the Rabbitsemi
website>zworld for the order to be cancelled without any warning?

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Fred

Your question is confusing (to me). Are you asking about general
experience with Rabbitsemis online shop or wether they are canceling
orders without informing you ??

Anyways, so far my experiences with them were positive. I also found
them to be kind and responsive on the phone. Maybe something went
wrong and a simple phone call could clear things up?

Markus

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Sorry for any confusion.  However when I made an online order it was
cancelled without any communication.  I made another order and it was
cancelled again, this time referring me to a local distributor who doesn't
have any in stock.  I had already ascertained this before ordering online.

I then reorder on-line on the 5th for 1-2 day overseas delivery.  On this
occasion I sent them an email as well.  However 3 days later it's still
"waiting to be processed".  I have never come across such an outfit before.

Hence I was wondering if my experiences were unique.  It seems they're not.
Thankfully my current project uses an alternative processor.

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

They ignored my emails, and I had to ring them from Australia before I
was able to get any sense out of them, and then I didn't get a
reasonable response.

They have lost the art of communication.

Glad you were able to use an alternative.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

DIGI acquired ZWorld/Rabbit back in June.  While DIGI puts new execs and
managers in place I assume there will be some rough patches.

Kelly

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

do you mean digikey Kelly, or is it another company?
webpage if not digikey?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s
Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:02:47 +1000, the renowned Don McKenzie

An entirely different company-- Digi International.

http://www.eetuk.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID16%3701588

http://www.digi.com

http://www.digi.com/news/pressrelease.jsp?prid19%4

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

AHA! Thanks Spehro,
I couldn't see digikey aquiring them.

This is a very different proposition, and no doubt the reason they have
been lacking in communications recently.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Strange!

And the other side of it, after selling to them for years, I had them
order another 100 items from me, then cancel without warning or reason,
before I was able to get the goods off.

Their choice I guess.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

For one data point, I ordered (via the ZWorld website) and received one
of their Rabbit+Ethernet dev boards.

Although the packaging was in good shape, the wall wart inside the box
wasn't secured very well and it bounced around enough to knock one of
the surface mount electrolytics off of the power section.

Sent an e-mail to that effect to snipped-for-privacy@rabbitsemiconductor.com and
snipped-for-privacy@rabbitsemiconductor.com (which were the relevant addresses from
the web site at the time; haven't been back to check). Never received an
answer or acknowledgement. The e-mail didn't bounce so I assume that it
got there OK. Ther order number was in the subject line, so there
shouldn't be a "my spam filter ate it" excuse.

Ended up fixing it myself. Board was otherwise OK and works fine.
As I said, just a data point.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Curious.  I had a similar failure with them.  The power pack bounced
around enough in shipping (with no padding around it) that it smashed
the power connector on its cable.

4 years later, you'd think they would have learned by now.

Richard

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Just ordered the parts through DigiKey.  At half the price!  And free
shipping.

Re: Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Digikey rocks!  Can't think of a better supplier.

Site Timeline