Newbie: Problem programming AT90CAN128 using STK500 board.

I have a custom made communication gateway PCB with an AT90CAN128
microcontroller. The PCB card has its own 6 PIN ISP interface that i
connect to the 6 PIN ISP of the STK500 board. The STK500 board is
connected to the PC through the standard RS232 programming port. I am
using AVR studio 4 to download the program onto the controller's flash
memory. When i try to access the controller's flash for
programming...it fails. The error says: 'Failed to enter the
programming mode'. I have check the pin configurations and
connections. Those seems to be ok. I wanted to ask whether the
procedure to program the controller in this way is right or
not? ...Plz help.
When I went through the STK500 manual, it says something about using
STK501 top module for the AT90CAN128. Please explain what this STK501
top module is or where can i find the relevent solution for it?

thanx and regards...
Ravi Pathak

Re: Newbie: Problem programming AT90CAN128 using STK500 board.

The STK501 is an add-on module used for programming some of the non-dip
package chips.  It plugs onto the connectors on the sides of the STK500.
You can get it from Digi-key.

Site Timeline