Newbie: Problem programming AT90CAN128 using STK500 board.

Hi,

I have a custom made communication gateway PCB with an AT90CAN128 microcontroller. The PCB card has its own 6 PIN ISP interface that i connect to the 6 PIN ISP of the STK500 board. The STK500 board is connected to the PC through the standard RS232 programming port. I am using AVR studio 4 to download the program onto the controller's flash memory. When i try to access the controller's flash for programming...it fails. The error says: 'Failed to enter the programming mode'. I have check the pin configurations and connections. Those seems to be ok. I wanted to ask whether the procedure to program the controller in this way is right or not? ...Plz help. When I went through the STK500 manual, it says something about using STK501 top module for the AT90CAN128. Please explain what this STK501 top module is or where can i find the relevent solution for it?

thanx and regards... Ravi Pathak

Reply to
Rav

The STK501 is an add-on module used for programming some of the non-dip package chips. It plugs onto the connectors on the sides of the STK500. You can get it from Digi-key.

Reply to
Tom