newbie...

hi Gurus, You all must be wond3(e)ring why I saluted with "Guru"s As stated in subject line I am new to Embedded system, and electronics. and for me, all of you are geneous than me. from each of your hint, i am going to learn. Yup, for your reference, I am B.E. IT from reputed COE in MS India. I know C, C++ and Java with JSP and JScript. My dream to work as system programmer, doesn't matter if its other company of mine own. (Why am i working as maintainence programmer???) But I really work in Embedded system at least as hobbyist.

Now I am starting with PIC 16F877A. I got a development board (localized, not standard) and a ICSP(whats this?) programmer. I am using proteus 7.0 and MPLAB.

on my board, there are 8 LEDs which are connected to PORTA and I am desparatedlyyy wanted to blink one of those LED(so that i can proceed to other things with confidence). but but but.... those are as good as dead. I wrote a program for it. whn i simulate, it works fine. but after writing on MCU it is showing nothing but dead LEDs.

Now I am stuck. I beg your request to help me out. Plz Plzzzzzzzzz help me. I am stuck.....

FYR: my board schematic:

Program which i used:

;16f877 a/d test routine

__config _LVP_OFF & _XT_OSC & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _CP_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _DEBUG_OFF list p=16f877

include "p16f877a.inc"

; Start at the reset vector org 0x000 goto Start org 0x004 Interrupt retfie Start bsf STATUS,RP0 ;bank 1 bcf STATUS,RP1 movlw H'00' movwf TRISA ;portc [7-0] outputs clrf ADCON1 ;left justified, all inputs a/d bcf STATUS,RP0 ;bank 0 movlw B'01000001' ;Fosc/8 [7-6], A/D ch0 [5-3], a/d on [0] movwf ADCON0 Main call ad_porta goto Main

ad_porta ;wait for acquision time (20uS) ;(non-critical for this test)

bsf ADCON0,ADON ;Start A/D conversion Wait btfsc ADCON0,GO ;Wait for conversion to complete goto Wait

movf ADRESH,W ;Write A/D result to PORTA movwf PORTA ;LEDs return

end

Reply to
Chinar G Kakutsey

In Circuit Serial Programming

I cannot find a link for the schematic on that page. I am assuming that the LEDs are pre-wired on the board with whatever resisters may be necessary to keep power disipation minimal.

Perhaps to simplify this test, it would be easier to ignore the A/D coverter output, and simply turn on some of the LEDs directly. That will prevent any confusion over what might be being fed into the A/D converter.

Reply to
Tim Harig