MAXQ610.

What exactly is a MAXQ610 ?

Thanks.

Re: MAXQ610.

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says...
Man, Google broken again ;)20%
20%
The MAXQ610 is a low-power, 16-bit MAXQAE% microcontroller designed for20%
low-power applications including universal remote controls, consumer20%
electronics, and white goods. The MAXQ610 combines a powerful 16-bit20%
RISC microcontroller and integrated peripherals including two USARTs and20%
an SPI3D%3F master/slave communications port, along with an IR module with=
20%
carrier frequency generation and flexible port I/O capable of20%
multiplexed keypad control.

The MAXQ610 includes 64KB of flash memory and 2KB of data SRAM.20%
Intellectual property (IP) protection is provided by a secure MMU that20%
supports multiple application privilege levels and protects code against20%
copying and reverse engineering. Privilege levels enable vendors to20%
provide libraries and applications to execute on the MAXQ610, while20%
limiting access to only data and code allowed by their privilege level.

For the ultimate in low-power battery-operated performance, the MAXQ61020%
includes an ultra-low-power stop mode (0.2B5%A, typ). In this mode, the20%
minimum amount of circuitry is powered. Wake-up sources include external20%
interrupts, the power-fail interrupt, and a timer interrupt. The20%
microcontroller runs from a wide 1.70V to 3.6V operating voltage.

http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAXQ610.pdf

Re: MAXQ610.

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says...
Man, Google broken again ;)

Apparently yes! - I spent a good few hours googling and didn't find half as
much as your reply.

There were some utils/drivers etc but no detailed description exactly what
it is - although I did unearth a fairly hefty ftp site.

The MAXQ610 is a low-power, 16-bit MAXQ microcontroller designed for
low-power applications including universal remote controls, consumer
electronics, and white goods. The MAXQ610 combines a powerful 16-bit
RISC microcontroller and integrated peripherals including two USARTs and
an SPI3F% master/slave communications port, along with an IR module with
carrier frequency generation and flexible port I/O capable of
multiplexed keypad control.

The MAXQ610 includes 64KB of flash memory and 2KB of data SRAM.
Intellectual property (IP) protection is provided by a secure MMU that
supports multiple application privilege levels and protects code against
copying and reverse engineering. Privilege levels enable vendors to
provide libraries and applications to execute on the MAXQ610, while
limiting access to only data and code allowed by their privilege level.

For the ultimate in low-power battery-operated performance, the MAXQ610
includes an ultra-low-power stop mode (0.2A, typ). In this mode, the
minimum amount of circuitry is powered. Wake-up sources include external
interrupts, the power-fail interrupt, and a timer interrupt. The
microcontroller runs from a wide 1.70V to 3.6V operating voltage.

http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAXQ610.pdf

Re: MAXQ610.

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says...
That's funny, happens to me all the time.
I've NEVER used any of the Maxim MCUs, and had actually forgotten that
they make some.
And don't forget, they can get you 3 overnight, but it's 12 weeks out on
3,000.

Re: MAXQ610.

Elektor magazine sends a gift to summer circuits cintributors, and this year
I got a MAXQ610.

Apart from a link printed on the box to download drivers, there was no info
on WTF it is/does.

Re: MAXQ610.
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says...

Ah, a mystery gift.
I was glad when Elektor got back into the US market.
IMS, it was Colony Sound Labs that was the US distributor back in the
late 80's early 90's and then they went direct mail, now they have
another US distributor???

Not too many electronics rags left.  I miss Radio/Popular Electronics
and Midnight Engineering.

Re: MAXQ610.

We didn't have that many to start with in the UK.

Not counting the consumer electronics mags like Technology@home which lasted
just long enough to be the last straw that broke the camels back for
Television magazine - which was subsequently risen from the ashes,
Television magazine is now only available on paper from a few select
component distributors or an electronic copy that cannot be saved to local
HDD. My collection of Television dates back almost to the valve era, if I
can't archive the copies and read them whenever I want then I'm not buying.

AFACR ETI was the last to go - bought up by EPE and quietly smothered to
death after hiking the cover price for the 'increased' content.

The news announced in UK editions of Elektor is that editions have been
introduced for several new countries, so US readers should be getting
projects that suit the local mains supply and US advertising instead of
handed down English language editions from the UK distribution.

Site Timeline