Future of Microchip Development Tools?

http://Microcontroller.com/Embedded.asp?did14%2

I'm taking a fast short survey of Microchip users to help decide what future
directions
development tools should take. The survey is confidential - I don't even ask for
your
email address, O.K.?

It's only 11 short questions that take less than a minute. Unless you really want
to get opinionated ("Embedded Developers opinionated?!?? Nah!!!") in which case,
go
ahead, "comment" to your heart's content...!

http://Microcontroller.com/Embedded.asp?did14%2

I'm basically trying to figure out whose development tools are completely
reliable, and
whose tools really suck. And it's your opportunity to say whatever you want to
say -
really!

If you have problems or praise, for any toolkit, TELL ME NOW or forever hold
your, uh,
peace...

Thanks for your support,

- Bill Giovino
  Executive Editor
  http://Microcontroller.com
  "Stamping out Shoddy Tools since 1995"

Re: Future of Microchip Development Tools?

<snip off-topic for comp.arch.fpga, and comp.realtime>
reliable, and
say -

  To what end ? Who is paying for this, and what do you propose to do
with the results ?
  You have already trawled comp.arch.embedded on this - what was wrong
with those replies ?
-jg

Re: Future of Microchip Development Tools?

"Jim Granville" wrote...
reliable,
and
to say -

I'm looking to expand the sample.

The results will help us determine the focus of a brand new User Support section
of
Microcontroller.com that we'll be opening in February.

Re: Future of Microchip Development Tools?

Hi!
Excuse me for the following reflexion. I think that Microchip doen't
work in FPGA fields (I used in the past some microcontrollers and
memories from Microchip) so why posting in comp.lang.fpga ?
I talking about that because you can find more audience posting to
groups whose topic is related to the topic of you survey!

Mehdi

Re: Future of Microchip Development Tools?

directions
for your
want
case, go
reliable, and
say -
your, uh,
For what it's worth I looked at your questionare and gave you some
input.  Now for one more bit of input...
I prefer to develop software using tools hosted under Linux rather than
that 'other OS' made by a large company in Redmond WA.

Site Timeline