first µC project

Hi,

going to start my first µC-project.

Is the ATMega a good choice?

Greets ctvoigt

Reply to
Christian Voigt

Much depends on the nature of the project, on your background, and on what supporting equipment and tools that you have access to.

Could you expand a little on what it is you're trying to do and what experience you have?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Yes

Reply to
TTman

Yes, that's the big benefit of the Arduino platform: a very high first project success rate. It can be a real fight (but fun!) to get a new chip up and running. Absent something like the Arduino or the older Basic Stamp, though, it's easy for a new user who is faced with several hundred pages of registers, bits, and oh-by-the-ways to get discouraged.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

cool, thanks :-)

Reply to
Christian Voigt

Arduino is lite (I have some R1's, some R3's, a Leonardo, 4 Mini's, a home- made Arduino, the Ethernet shield, the LCD + keyboard shield, the RTC shiel d, some ATTiny's). Very fast and easy to start. Nice. Lots of (light) suppo rt. But I'll stick with hard-core Microchip. Where do you want to go?

Reply to
jaime sanmartin