first µC project

going to start my first µC-project.

Is the ATMega a good choice?

Greets
ctvoigt

Re: first C project

Much depends on the nature of the project, on your background, and on
what supporting equipment and tools that you have access to.

Could you expand a little on what it is you're trying to do and what
experience you have?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA

Re: first C project

Yes

Re: first C project

Yes, that's the big benefit of the Arduino platform: a very high first
project success rate. It can be a real fight (but fun!) to get a new
chip up and running. Absent something like the Arduino or the older
Basic Stamp, though, it's easy for a new user who is faced with several
hundred pages of registers, bits, and oh-by-the-ways to get discouraged.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA

Re: first =?UTF-8?B?77+9Qw==?= project

cool, thanks :-)

Re: first C project

Arduino is lite (I have some R1's, some R3's, a Leonardo, 4 Mini's, a home-
made Arduino, the Ethernet shield, the LCD + keyboard shield, the RTC shiel
d, some ATTiny's). Very fast and easy to start. Nice. Lots of (light) suppo
rt. But I'll stick with hard-core Microchip. Where do you want to go?

Site Timeline