Feedback on PIC Demo Board

I am a hobbyist and I'm considering purchasing a PICDEM 4 demo board and
was wondering if anyone had any feedback they could offer on this or
other PIC demo boards.  I am also condering getting the MPLAB ICD 2, but
am wondering if I really need it.  Any thoughts?

NM

--
convert UPPERCASE NUMBER to a numeral to reply

Re: Feedback on PIC Demo Board

OK, it looks like I need the ICD 2 or some other device to program the
PICs and the ICD lets me do in-circuit debugging.  Suddenly the eval kit
that contains a PICDEM 2 and the ICD 2 is looking better...

NM

--
convert UPPERCASE NUMBER to a numeral to reply

Re: Feedback on PIC Demo Board

Mr News Me:

I got the PICDEM_2 w/ICD_2.  It's really pretty nice and makes the
thought of building projects of various sorts less formidable.

2Penny

Re: Feedback on PIC Demo Board

the picdem usb is quite good

whether you need the icd2 depends on which pics you are going to be using.

Some of the more common ones can be programmed easily with third party
programmers
like winpicprog  or kitsrus k150(www.kitsrus.com) with microprose
or other software

The icd is good and easy to use.

I got myself an icd2 with a dspicdem board.
Been using pics for a few years and didn't need it before.
Has come in very handy since.

For some cheap pic boards have a look at www.futurlec.com
can take a while to recieve them.

If you haven't used pics before it may be worth starting with the 18f's
and not worrying about the 16f's.

www.sparkfun.com also sells some pic boards as does www.dontronics.com

Alex

Site Timeline