Ethernet Automation

I am looking for a CHEAP and EASY way of making a device. What I want
to do is have something like XPORT (may be what I need to use) that I
can assign and IP address onto. Add a little web code and when someone
access's the webpage, I want them to be able to click a button, link
what ever and cause a relay to be toggled.

Basically something like this, I access a webpage (which is my device)
click a button on that page and a connected relay on the other end
closes.

Any advice on a simple way of making this happen? Also, please keep in
mind that I an new to the microcontroller and may struggle a little.

Re: Ethernet Automation

I haven't used either one, but I think these two have you're looking for:

Zilog eZ80

Rabbit Semiconductor RCM3000 series

Re: Ethernet Automation

Maybe a TINI module from Maxim-Dallas?

Re: Ethernet Automation

I brought a NETIOM board from http://www.phaedrusltd.com/system/index.html
Netiom is a stand-alone network aware Input / Output module which can be
controlled over most networks including the Internet. It can be accessed
from the Internet over a standard ADSL or other always on connection making
remote monitoring and control a cost effective option.

It is Network control module £69.00 (excl. VAT)

I uploades some javascript to it. I could include the javascript in my web
page and use it to read the inputs and counts.

Doug

Re: Ethernet Automation

While I haven't used this device, it looks to be an alternative to the
The Silicon Labs CP210x devices.
http://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/public/index.htm

Its another Ethernet to RS232 device.  Connect the RS232 to a PIC (or some
other RS232 ready microcontroller) to control discrete or analog lines.

Dave

Site Timeline