Crystal Source

Who is a good source for crystals for Pic microcontrollers (any family)?

Re: Crystal Source

Tried digikey?

Re: Crystal Source

Generically, try DigiKey (www.digikey.com) or Jameco (www.jameco.com) for
crystals but if you are looking for something like an oscillator, I found a
great source in the Linear Technology LTC6900 chip.  It's in an SOT-23-5
package (very small) and requires a single 0.1uF cap (which you ususally put
on your oscillator anyway) and a single resistor.  The resistor is used to
program your desired frequency anywhere from 1KHz to 20MHz.  It operates on
a single supply voltage anywhere from 2.7VDC to 5.5VDC.  The device runs on
about 500uA.  I ran a test with a PIC18LF252 operating at an external 10MHz
with the internal 4X multiplier in the PLL (so the part was running at
40MHz) and an RS232 line running at 9600 baud into a HyperTerminal.  The
program sent a message to the serial port every second.  It worked without
error for the length of the test (over 6 hours).

The device cost about $1.50 each when I got 25 from Linear Technology
directly.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Re: Crystal Source

glitchbuster.com

Re: Crystal Source

Thanks for the advise. Glitchbuster looks great.

Me

Site Timeline