Compilers

Anybody recommend a compiler for the 8051 derivatives for someone who has been using asm51 for a long time??

Reply to
Ed

Too many to choose from. A lot depends on your budget, whether it's a corporate or personal purchase, the need/desire for tech support, etc.

has a list of many offerings at their "links" page and others at their "8052 store" page.

Personally, I like command-line tools, my own text editor (gvim) instead of an IDE's integrated editor, and plain ol' makefiles and I don't particularly want a debugger/emulator so I often go with sdcc.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I use the Keil compiler because is the compatible with the old intel asm assembler

Reply to
Stefano