avrdude: AVR device not responding

Hi there,

Just getting started with my first project. Im using a serial ISP programmer to program an ATMega162, and Im having trouble using avrdude to do, well, anything! avrdude reports:

avrdude: AVR device not responding avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1 Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

However, when I upload hex files using avrprog from AVR Studio, it works sweet as! Anyone have any idea what Im doing wrong in avrdude? Id like to use it, as the tutorials Im working from use it, and avrprog doesnt seem to be able to set fuse bits (plus avrdude is runnable from within my IDE :P)

Thanks.

Reply to
Vertigo