Using Jumbo packets in gigabit ethernet

I have MV64360 Marvell board and I try to send Jumbo frames. I configured the Port Serial Control Register to support Jumbo frames. When I send block in length up to 1500 bytes it works, more then 1500 it does not work and I don't receive any error from the SW. Why?

Reply to
Hany

Hany schrieb:

You need to check the maximum allowed packet length before sending network packet to any medium. Usually it's 1500 for Ethernet. I suppose, the IP stack will handle this for you when using the IP socket interface, but with naked Ethernet I suppose you need to do it yourself.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell