USB modem help required please

Hi, I'm going through the linux USB modem class code(USB ACM CDC(communication device class)).

In "/usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/acm.txt", they listed some 7 modems which the code supports. I understood the class specification and its relevant code. But i didn't get where the code touches the corresponding modem. Or where the modem's description has been made...

Means if for ex: Compaq 56k FaxModem. I didn't get where the description of this modem has been made.

Please help me if anybody knows about this.

Thanks in-advance, Gopi.

Reply to
Gopal