usb architecture

Hi....

I am working on linux drivers, now my project is on usb . i have a good knowledge on usb in case of windows platform, but i do not know about the architecture of usb in linux. i have gone through some documents in linux on usb, but i did not get how the enumaration happens in linux, and what is role of PNP manager in case of linux, and role of I/O manager. Is there any things like Registry Data base in linux to maintain all the driver information ? At the time of loading a usb device driver the pnp manager looks in to the registry information in case of windows, how that will be in case od linux?

thanks and regards

shiva

Reply to
shankar.linux

Enumeration is done by the usb core.

This depends on the linux version. For current kernels, look for udev.

No. The simple way is maintaining a list of vendor/product IDs inside your driver.

regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Mües