unable to flash bootloader

hi, I work on freescale imx21ads board. Iam trying to use linux bsp and flash it on to board. I have installed bsp onto linux 2.4 kernel. But, when Iam trying to flash bootloader onto board using command, /bin/imx21_download --port /dev/ttyS0 --addr \

0xc0300000 --stop_auto_boot /rootfs/boot/blob

Iam gettin error as

glibc_2.4 not found.

Can any one help me in resolving this.

thanks in advance

Reply to
sri

You host's glibc is too old. The imx21_download binary was built against a more recent glibc. Update your system. Or recompile imx21_download on your host.

JB

Reply to
Juergen Beisert

thanks 4 the information. I have glibc2.4 now. but Iam unable to connect my target through serial port using minicom.

/bin/imx21_download --port /dev/ttyS0 --addr \ 0xc0300000 --stop_auto_boot /rootfs/boot/blob

After executing this, i get error: timeout waiting for responce from target.

And in minicom, it always shows offline.

Reply to
sri

Just some generic Ideas:

  1. First of all does the ttyS0 work ? Try in loopback test.
  2. Are you plugged in to the board correctly (Crossover or straight through cable ?)
  3. Is the board rates/parity etc setup correctly
Reply to
Janaka

yes. My setup is proper. It is working fine when used with minicom 2.0, but not responding with minicom 2.1.

Reply to
sri

hi,

yes. My setup is proper. It is working fine when used with minicom 2.0, but not responding with minicom 2.1.

Reply to
sri

hi, I have flashed blob using habtoolkit in windows and then followed the steps given in manual to flash the kernel onto target. after giving the following command in blob, blob> boot I get message uncompressing the image............................done, booting kernel.

and then it hangs up. I tried to deploy using NFS and with NOR. But its hanging at the same place for both. Please help what to do next.....

Reply to
sri

hi, I have changed from fedora 4 to fedora 5 and my minicom works fine and dont have any issues with glibc 2.4. But still it hangs when i give boot command in blob. Please help me where iam struck.. I got message uncompressing Linux............................done, booting kernel. Now i get,

uncompressing Linux............................done, bootin.

and hangs.

Reply to
sri

You are probably not getting any replys to this thread because you are discribing multiple issues.

  1. Is your minicom issue fixed ? How do you know that its fixed (ie: you have a booting blob etc that spits out boot time messages)
  2. Do you have a working blob at all, even a vendor provided blob
  3. Is your boot loader working ? If you are using one which one is it ? How do you know that its working ? When the answers to the above are clear we can try answering questions about booting linux.
Reply to
Janaka