Ubuntu One shutting down soon. What happens to all the terabytes of .bin image files?

Ubuntu One shutting down soon. What happens to all the terabytes of .bin image files?

There are terabytes of .bin image files of Ubuntu and derivatives for ARM etc out there. What will happen to all those minor distros if Ubuntu One shuts shop?

A lot of ISPs now offer 'unlimited' storage - I guess possibly having to cough up and host your own.

I also notice even a dinky Cubieboard2 running on 10W or less can serve 10mbytes per second and handle 4TB disks with GPT partition table and ext4 partition. A couple of those in a shed and a decent symetric dsl link and job done for $10,000 to $20,000 me thinks.

Reply to
7

rm -rf *

Reply to
Rob

I use

to run my own dropbox like server in the cloud.

Reply to
Desk Rabbit

Thanks. I will look into this.

--
* Mint MATE: Trash, Panel, Menu:
* Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs?

Poor looney tune "7"= fraud Joseph Michael is all upset that yet another part of his precious Linux la la land falls apart! This is definite proof that commercial cloud services of Apple, Microsoft, Dropbox, Google beat the crap out of Linux freetard cloud services. Learn to live with it, fraud.

Reply to
Hans Blafhoed