U-Boot on MPC860.....

Hello there,

I try to recompile the U-boot v 0.3.0 for my TQ 860 board For this, I did download the complet "tar.bz2" file

My redhat v90, being not configured for the use of the tool on MPC8xx, I downloaded the ELDK from DENX, more precisely all the SPRMS of the MPC8xx and tried to install the RPM packages....

... by installing : gcc-ppc_8xx-2.95.4-4j_2.ppc.rpm then, a dialogue box came up and display the packages needed ! ... is looking for : cpp-ppc_8xx=2.95.4-4j_2 binutils-ppc_8xx >= 2.11.92.012

but in the same folder than gcc-ppc_8xx-2.95.4-4j_2.ppc.rpm, I can see : cpp-ppc_8xx-2.95.4-4j_2.ppc.rpm and binutils-ppc_8xx-2.11.93.0.2-3b_2.ppc.rpm

- Does somebody knows what is the problem ? I can't see why I am already stopped in the process ! :-)

Thanks for your help

Stephane

Reply to
Stephane

Why are you using such old code? I strongly recommend to use a more recent version (i. e. 1.0.2).

This is not the correct way to install the ELDK. Please see the detailed instructions at

You cannot do it like that. Please RTFM!

Yes. You did not follow the instructions.

RTFM.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
                                                    -- Samuel Goldwyn
Reply to
Wolfgang Denk