Turning optimizations off for ELDK gcc

Hello all, I am trying to compile the embedded kernel 2.6.19.2 without any optimizations, so I can debug it. I have commented out the "CFLAGS +=

-O2" on the main kernel Makefile. However this does not compile due to "sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to ..." Can I compile the kernel without any optimizations ?

Platform: PPC MPC8349 Tools : Denx ELDK GCC (4.1 4.0.0), GDB ...

Thanks Janaka

Reply to
janakas

To be able to debug you do not need to disable optimisation. Try with "-O1"

Hope it helps Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Beisert

Juergen, Thanks for the reply. I am currently using -O1 (== -O). It jumps around a bit because of optimizations. Its reasonable if I step through assembler. I was hoping to step through C code. BTW I am using the BDI2000 JTAG to do this.

Reply to
Janaka