Touch Screen device

Hi,

I'm looking for a touch screen or even a screen with a remote control that runs embedded linux. The best way to describe what I'm looking for is a digital photo frame running linux that I can easily develop on. Ie something with a colour, 7" or 9" screen.

Can anyone help me on where or what devices like this exist.

Thanks

Reply to
Colin O'Keeffe

Touchscreen support in linux blows! ... just like support for a bunch of other peripherals...no one wants their sacred APIs to be exposed to the OS hordes. Even many/most of the vendors who say they will provide linux support only provide a binary interface library (that may or may not work with your kernel version). I'm fed up with trying to get access to the low level message format that most of these devices communicate with. The vendors simply don't want to share that information.

...and don't even get me started on wifi under linux!

Reply to
No one

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 16:52:11 -0800, Neil Cherry wrote (in article ):

Try

in about 48 hours. I'm switching store themes and wiped it out by accident.

Qtopia supports the touchscreen just fine. I will see if I can put a little video up. Hey, good idea.

-- Charlie Springer

Reply to
Charlie Springer

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:45:23 -0800, Neil Cherry wrote (in article ):

The switch to a CMS website is running a little smoother. All but the shopping cart and some housekeeping.

Charlie Springer

ARM9 400 MHz 64K RAM/64K Flash.

Reply to
Charlie Springer

I'm using this one:

The appropriate Linux stuff can be found here:

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell