Timesys 2.4.21 Realtime Kernel and XFree86 4.0.3

Hi,

I have Timesys 2.4.21 realtime kernel mounted using nfs on a Ampro Littleboard 700 SBC (Single Board Computer)

This SBC has Integrated S3 Graphics ProSavage PN133 controller with AGP

4X. The graphics chip is VIA8606.

I want to run X for some graphics application. I tried to install XFree86 versions 4.2.x, 4.3.0 and 4.4.0, but all in vain. I was however, successful in installing XFree86-4.0.3 with glibc-2.1 for this realtime kernel. The problem is I am not able to start X. So I searched the internet for this graphics card and I came across this site from S3 Graphics site which provides linux drivers.

After manually changing the XFree86Config file, I'm still not able to startx.

Can anyone please try to help me on the following?

1) Any previous experience of using XFree86 on Timesys 2.4.21 kernel on any machine? 2) Any dependencies that I might be overlooking because of which I'm not able to startx? 3) Any driver for this S3 Graphics ProSavage PN133 card which I can use with XFree86-4.0.3 and successfully startx?

The experts could throw some light on these issues.

TIA Shireesh

Reply to
Shireesh Annam

Is Timesys not supported appropriately by the vendor ?

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell