telnet and /dev/pts

Hi all,

I have a problem with telnet. I have copiled kernel 2.6.7 with unix98 ptys. I have created /dev/pts directory and I've started telnetd daemon but I cant telnet to this. When I create character devices /dev/pts/0, /dev/pts/1 I'am able to connect but after each telnet session next device is choosen for example: telnet - on linux /dev/pts/0 is used exit telnet - on linux /dev/pts/1 exit

When the last device was choosen I'm not able to establish connection. Have you got any idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards Jacek

Reply to
Jacek

Hello,

ptys.

Have you also compiled the devpts and/or devfs file system into it?

cant

I'am

You have to mount the /dev/pts file system using devpts. Then every wish for such a device is fulfilled automatically. You can also use devfs for /dev/* entries, which is recommended since it's a more general solution.

Hope this helps, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

Thank you for your help. It works.