switching console to fbcon

Hej!

I'm working with a mp5200-based board which is equipped with a vga display. Framebuffer console is enabled in the kernel and works if enabled via commandline. During development I have used a serial console because it's easier to read boot messages etc, but now the application developer needs the serial port and kernel messages would disturb his protocols.

I could configure his device differently or -- if possible -- switch the console from serial to fbcon after booting has completed. Is this possible? My experiments with "switch_root -c /dev/tty0 newroot" and "setconsole /dev/tty0" (both busybox) didn't create any error messages but they didn't prohibit kernel messages either.

Is it possible at all to tell the kernel to output it's messages to a different console after booting?

Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Earth, Universe (current)
Reply to