steps to write drivers for the embedded devices and interfacing with main target board

Hello Friends,
Please tell me the procedure to download the software on the embedded
target board and also tell me the steps to write the drivers for
embedded devices and interfacing them with the target board. I will be
very greatful.

Re: steps to write drivers for the embedded devices and interfacing with main target board

Isn't that wahat we all want to know?

You have to be more specific: what kind of board, what kind of
embedded software, what kind of driver?

Kind regards,
    Johan Borkhuis

Re: steps to write drivers for the embedded devices and interfacing with main target board

 1) start gdb
 2) connect to the target
 3) load the software

 1) Read the peripheral datasheets
 2) Write code
 3) Test code

You're welcome.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! This ASEXUAL PIG
                                  at               really BOILS my BLOOD

Did you installed cross tool chains on the Host, Is you are compile
the kernel image on host?.

if yes, then you is your serial console working for target board, or
do you have any boot loader?.

Do you have ethernet interfcae or serial interface for your board?.

also what kind of driver you want to drive, what the interface between
your target CPU and other device which needs driver?.

Site Timeline