spin_unlock_irqrestore parse error

In my device driver module, when I call spin_unlock_irqrestore(&lock, flags) after previously calling spin_lock_irqsave(&lock, flags), I get the following error:

error: parse error before '-' token

I am running Linux 2.6.10 on an MPC8248 processor.

Reply to
Bill

Try to run a simple:

linux-2.6.10 $ make clean linux-2.6.10 $ make drivers//.i

This will run the preprocessor only on your source. Now you should be able to find the reason. As you are crosscompiling, don't forget the ARCH= and CROSS_COMPILE=.

JB

Reply to
Juergen Beisert

I found the error. A while back, "asm" had been #defined to "asm-ppc" in the driver.

Reply to
Bill