Read-only EXT2

I have a system that can get files from an EXT2 file system, but it can only read. The disk can be moved to a full Linux host that writes the files the other system reads.

Recently, the disk data seems to be corrupted, because the Linux system sometimes loses power.

I would like to use a more robust file system, like EXT3 or one of the journaling file systems. Is a read-only EXT2 system compatible with any other disk format?

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kilzer

Ext3 is ext2 with a journal.

This does not help, unless your reading code is clever enough to play the journal before reading if the file system is unmounted uncleanly.

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Are there any Linux filesystems that are immune to an "unclean" shutdown? If there are, I can try to update my read-only system.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kilzer