Re: How Linux Mint is handling systemd

Make sense. A conservative approach ...

> > ~~ > It's optional for now, but Linux Mint expects to switch to systemd next > year > > Despite recent reports suggesting the contrary, Linux Mint isn?t > committed to avoiding systemd, the controversial project taking Linux by > storm. In fact, Clement Lefebvre, Linux Mint?s project leader, expects > the next major releases of Linux Mint to use systemd by default. > > No, Linux Mint isn?t switching to systemd immediately. The Linux Mint > 17.x series and Linux Mint Debian Edition 2 will continue to use Upstart > and SysV init, with systemd available as an option you can choose > yourself. Linux Mint is giving systemd some time to mature before > switching, but?with upstream projects and the Linux ecosystem as a whole > moving towards systemd?Mint realizes it doesn?t have an option in the > long term. > > Current stable releases won?t get systemd > > The current stable release of Linux Mint is the Linux Mint 17.x series. > This series of releases is entirely based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, the long- > term support release of Ubuntu. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS hasn?t switched to > systemd, and neither has Linux Mint 17. ... > ~~ >

Ubuntu (Canonical) assures us no one would be affected. Hope so for all their derivates like Linaro.

Its a lot of work getting ARM embedded systems to compile and run because a lot of driver settings and issues.

I normally try to max out the settings to have as much logical features as possible enabled before compiling kernel and then bug hunt the rest for drivers and issues that fail when trying to boot up Linaro.

I don't know if Linaro has gone systemd yet, but I thought I saw something that mention systemd for future releases.

Anyway a challenge :)

Reply to
7