Re: embedded linux for i86 whats the best ?

You have diffreent choices :

1- Aa patch ( or more) on your kernel : for kernel 2.4.17, you have the preempt patch which increase the number of preemption point in the kernel or low-lency patch ( look interesting article on
page) 2- Use RTLinux which is a true Real Time Operation System ( look
3- Use RTAI

The RTAI and RTLinux are true RT OS in opposite to patches which are a divided time kernel with few increasing Good luck Laurent

"Kai Klein" a écrit dans le message de news:c48gmf$rof$04$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

thank you , its a start > > i check it and see whats happen. > > i need a realtime system, with ata interface and sceduler no XWindows no

usb

no printer no .... > > regards > kai > > "Tue Henriksen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:4066cb8d$0$210$ snipped-for-privacy@dread16.news.tele.dk... > > Kai Kle> > > > > Hello all, > > > > > > i search a smale linux distribution for a i386 embedded. > > > its a: > > > > > > 200mhz > > > Pentium MMX comp. > > > 64MB Ram > > > SIS550 > > > and a CFC with 64MB or more if needed. > > > i like to boot from the CFC without a harddrive. > > > > > > is there a good linux to start with ? > > > > > > please let me know > > > > > > -- > > > Regards > > > > > > Kai Klein > > > > Hi Kai > > > > I have previously used PeeWeeLinux
on a > single > > board computer (some Pentium clone...) with a 64MB CompactFlash (and no > > HD). It is easy to use when you know what to do, but there is no > > documentation ;o) ...and you have to run RedHat 7.2/7.3 on your > development > > PC. > > > > Try it out... > > > > Regards > > > > Tue > >
Reply to
Laurent Grassay

I ordered one of these things 3 days ago and paid for it with PayPal, but haven't even gotten an email acknowledging my order. Has anyone done business with these guys before?

Reply to
FLY135

LOL, it just arrived in the mail an hour I after I wrote this! Looks sweet for the price.

Reply to
FLY135

Hi Kai, You could check the products from

The below board is at very good price.

Viron Papadopoulos.

Reply to
Viron Papadopoulos