Question about entering power save mode

Hello, I have a question about entering power save mode in Linux. I am talking specifically about wireless nic drivers, but the answer is probably the same for other devices. My wireless nic driver does support power save mode.

What triggers the device to enter a power save mode ? is it some user space daemon? And in case it is - which user space daemon is it ?

Or is it some kernel thread / mechanism?

Is it the same also for desktops ?

Regards, Mark

Reply to
markryde