prints..while boot up

Hi, I have a question...During the linux boot up..we see prints when the corresponding driver is loaded talling [OK]..else [FAILED].. How the prints are diverted to the monitor... Does Linux treat monitor as a file in /dev/ directory ..If so ..what is it? Actually my card do not have a monitor so i need to divert those prints to the UART..

Appreciate any suggestions

Thanks Uday

Reply to
Uday Mullangi

You could add console=/dev/ttyS? option to init during boot-time as kernel parameter.

I think there is also CONFIG_SERIAL and CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE option you could change (make it =y) and recompile the kernel.

Once you have your messages directed to serial port, use something like minicom to view.

hth

-siddharth

Reply to
Siddharth Choudhuri