pppd dialin & dialout

Hi,

on my embedded system (PC/104 i486 busybox uclibc) I'm able to use pppd for dialin or dialout using different scripts.

I would like to setup pppd (without using mgetty) so that it can accept a call and dialout when needed.

Is that possible in anyway ?

Thanks Winfried

Reply to
Winfried Mevenkamp

As far as pppd is concerned, this is no problem. Where the problem lies is the serial link. You need to have something monitor the link for incoming calls and when one occurs start pppd, while at the same time be able to originate calls outbound and then hand off the working link to pppd in either case.

That's a serial programming problem, not pppd.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin