Porting the device drivers ARM->x86 ; Vxworks->Linux

Porting the device drivers.

We are using SCC2691 UART for extra serial port on our custom x86 board. We already have Vxworks drivers aviable for this device. We have moved to Embedded Linux recently.

Luckily can't find any SCC2691 driver for x86 any were on the net (Any one???). I found some support for this device for ARM based custom hardware from coral.

I have the scc2691.c file from ARM driver now, and from the patch where i got the driver i can see what changes i need to make to tty_o.c , Makefile,Config.in.

Now I am going to add scc2691.c in my /drivers/char/ kernel tree and modifying the Makefile, tty_o.c and Config.in files. We don't have any moulder support for the kernel so i am compiling the drives with no module support in kernel.

First if the kernel compiles withouts any errors ? What possibilities are there for ARM driver to work on X86 ???

Does my method to adding the driver in kernel source need any thing else ???

Any kind of guidance is appreciated.

Cheers

Rushi

Reply to
Rushi

you can ask those guys

but after quick look it looks like its memory mapped uard, just make sure the ports match and it schould be fine.

Pozdrawiam.

--
RusH   //
 http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019