porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

Hello, All!

Did anybody try to compile bind-8.2.3 for ARM7 target? I was able to compile only library libbind.a (although it took some efforts), but nevertheless I can't use this library properly. For example, if I link it with my application, I get the error like this:

/ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(res_send.o): In function `send_dg': /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/resolv/res_send.c:705: undefined reference to `pselect' /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib.o): In function `__evGetNext': /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303: undefined reference to `pselect' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom (i.e. ARM). Does anybody can give some clue.

Thanks.

With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Reply to
Roman Mashak

It seems that you do not have the library with the function pselect() in your target.

IIRC, pselect() is a POSIX function, not in the most basic of C runtime libraries.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Hello, Tauno! You wrote on Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:27:28 GMT:

??>> `pselect' /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib. ??>> o): In function ??>> `__evGetNext': /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303: ??>> undefined reference to `pselect' collect2: ld returned 1 exit ??>> status Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom ??>> (i.e. ARM). Does anybody can give some clue.

TV> It seems that you do not have the library with TV> the function pselect() in your target.

TV> IIRC, pselect() is a POSIX function, not in the most TV> basic of C runtime libraries. Can you recommend some libraries having support for this function? I checked uclibc and newlib - they have some mentions of 'pselect/select' implementations....

With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Reply to
Roman Mashak

I checked my copy of newlib sources. There is only a module for select(). The manpage says that the function pselect() is in glibc2 (the full-size Linux C runtime), and that it is not completely implemented as for the signal race.

You could try get the glibc2 source of the function and add it to your code as a separate module.

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Hello, Tauno! You wrote on Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:54:23 GMT:

??>> Can you recommend some libraries having support for this function? I ??>> checked uclibc and newlib - they have some mentions of ??>> 'pselect/select' implementations....

TV> I checked my copy of newlib sources. There is only a module TV> for select(). The manpage says that the function pselect() TV> is in glibc2 (the full-size Linux C runtime), and that it TV> is not completely implemented as for the signal race.

TV> You could try get the glibc2 source of the function TV> and add it to your code as a separate module. That sounds reasonable. But I'm afraid it's not the all. In case if I will port bind9, I should also compile a few libraries (that are linked to bind) with arm-compiler, and it will cause new problems.

Anyway thank you for your advice.