Port Linux on PDA

Hello,

We are suppose to create a linux distribution that runs on PDA and port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or arrange for a GUI manager which would eventually be able to offer a web browser that supports flash player.

The distribution has to be very efficient as the processors on the PDA's are very poor. This means that we won't be wanting to use a window system like Xwindows.

How should we proceed???

Inpreet Singh

Reply to
Inpreet

find the gcc or small c compiler that has the headers and stuff for the particular processor and start there.

jim dorey

Get a glance at the Opie platform- it bases on Qt which operates directly on the framebuffer thus speeding up graphical operations.

or contact me directly if you have any questions.

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver Fels

look at the screen, if its 640x240 or smaller then drop this idea

Reply to
citizenr

We are using Toshiba LTM04C380K with touch screen connector with resolution 640 x 480. Would it work fine now. Please guide me thru. I have visited

site found some useful information. but still don't know which way should I move?

Reply to
Inpreet