Port an application from QNX to embedded linux

Is it possible to port an embedded application developed in QNX to embedded linux ?

Please reply me on shilpig at momentum-tech dot com.

Thanx in advance

Reply to
Saurabh Agarwal

linux ?

I Just attended a talk from SYSGO

They described ways to port embedded applications developed in VxWorks to embedded linux and stated that it often is not very difficult and that many of their customers already went that way. Supposedly the situation with QNX is similar.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Which version of QNX, and which version of "embedded Linux"? What does your application do? If you want good answers, ask good questions. Otherwise you're asking a bunch of strangers to help you by guessing what your problem is.

If you are using QNX 6, porting should be easy. Both use the GNU compiler tools, both support POSIX, pthreads, etc. However, you could be in trouble if your code has strict real-time requirements since Linux will not match QNX's performance in that regard.

Reply to
Nick Popoff

If there are hard realtime requirements be prepared to use RTAI or such additionally to Linux. I did not try but I was told multiple times that this mostly is not a big problem.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Apparently they did not provide the paper on line.

"

"

MontaVista has some documents, but some are hidden on a password protected sight. "

"

fwiw, Bill Pringlemeir.

--
I can remember when riding motorcycles was dangerous and sex was safe.
- Unknown

The attendees were supplied with a file PDF that contained the presentation used during the (nearly free) speech. I think they would send it to you on request.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

BTW. I would take a look at ELinOS. Same might help you to create you "Distribution".

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Sorry, wrong thread.