Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic ), WLAN, Porting

Dear Sir,

Greetings !

Hope you are doing fine.

Well, I am interested in Development and Design of Device Driver / Porting mechanisms based on WLAN, IrDA, Bluetooth and other Wireless Standards pertaining to the Embedded Systems arena. I am a beginner in this field and hence would like to seek your suggestions / opinions in this regard. Kindly find below some of my queries for which I require your assistance. I came across your reference in the internet during my search for experts / professionals who could provide me with good ideas and solution offerings.

1) Under Linux Environment ( say, Linux Kernel 2.4.xx / 2.6.xx ), for a specific board ( ARM ), What are the key Development issues / factors to consider during porting 802.11b WLAN_USB x86 ( or general ) Driver to ARM. Please highlight details about the Structure and mechanism of the driver implications. What are the functionalities to be included in the Driver ?

2) How are IPC, Processor Interaction, Memory interfacing / Management, Timer functions, RTC, Interrupt Synchronization Services being implemented in open System Standard x86 WLAN (generic)-Driver for the Target ? What are the essential points to be kept in mind ?

3) Please suggest few good links / FAQs, online materials / docs to realise the Porting of Linux Open System Standard x86 Driver to Target as well as internal design and development of Device Driver

4) To be specific, what are the methodologies and concepts of WLAN Development Internals, communication criteria to establish a proper flow of pattern between client and AP(Access Point)

5) What are the important factors which WLAN Technology depends for effective date transfer. Suppose in my Development Platform, I am trying to port existing x86 Linux-Wlan-ng driver to EP9312 SoC based ARM920T processor Target under Linux 2.4.21 Kernel, having Cisco's AP350 Access Point, for the Dongle on Intersil's Chipset PRISM 2/2.5/3, how is the transfer taking place ? what are the issues and essential keynotes to consider for effective communication between Dongle and Access Point ? HOw is the Driver able to interface / interact with Target Processor / Board and Kernel. Should I take special care about driver and USB interface ? Please explain.

6) What are the Testing / Debugging Tools required for WLAN Porting and generic Device Driver Development ? Please share your experiences during the process ( The problems / challenges you faced and the method being adopted to overcome it ). When do you use software and Hardware Debugging Tools ? When does kernel / Driver debugging comes into picture and how is it done ?

7) What is the typical time frame for handling building and porting (WLAN) Generic Device DRIVER operations ?
From scratch, how much time is involved to develop any device driver,

considering average years of experience ?

8) What are the Design pattern and Methodology used towards Development of WLAN ( IrDA, Bluetooth ) Technology ? 9) Please highlight about Optimization techniques and Customization features pertaining to Device Driver ( WLAN ) 10) I am keen to explore my career in the wireless Domain ( 802.11b, IrDA, Bluetooth etc ) under Embedded Wireless-Networking arena. Please tell me about pre-requisites and knowledge to become a full-fledged professional towards the WLAN / Driver Development in Embedded Systems.

I hope you would revert with appropriate comments and suggestions and I will be grateful for your sincere help and understanding. Thanks for your concern.

I would appreciate your prompt and favorable response

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Regards,

Feilong

Reply to
embdevdrv

How much were you paying?

Where do I send the invoice?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm using my X-RAY
                                  at               VISION to obtain a rare

What I don't get is why people think they can get paid for writing a driver, and then get volunteers on the Internet to do their work for them. You know this, which is why you are using a free email address instead of a company address to post your request.

Go and stick it, and do your own work rather than trying to do it for free on the backs of volunteers.

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

It's not from a company. He's a lazy CS student trying to get a free answer to an assignment question. He's too stupid to do it himself, you see, and he's shit scared he's going to fail the course. Not a lot of chance he'll ever get to work for a company when he eventually does graduate - assuming he doesn't flunk out in the meantime.

--
Nobby Anderson
Reply to

Kind of refreshing - not an Indian student this time, but a Chinese from Jiangsu.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi