Need to boot xp from Flash drive..

Hello,

I have removed Harddisk from my system and connected Flash drive using IDE adapter. Then i installed XP home using cd.

After installation is over it says to "remove if any floppy is in floppy drive and press ENTER to start".

I have pressed ENTER. But then in starting it is saying that " DISK ERROR Press any key to Restart"

Please tell me how to solve this problem..

Thanks Karuna.

Reply to
Karuna

Hello,

I have removed Harddisk from my system and connected Flash drive using IDE adapter. Then i installed XP home using cd.

After installation is over it says to "remove if any floppy is in floppy drive and press ENTER to start".

I have pressed ENTER. But then in starting it is saying that " DISK ERROR Press any key to Restart"

My bios is OPTIPLEX 170L series and its version is A07.

Please tell me how to solve this problem..

Thanks Karuna.

Reply to
Karuna

Why are you asking about the installation of windows on an Embedded LINUX newsgroup?

A Windows newsgroup may be better suited to this question, or even Microsoft.

Cheers,

--
John McCallum
Artesyn CP, Edinburgh

For email, leave the web and we're not so small.
Reply to
John McCallum

Thorw that Xp to Trash and use Linux

Say NO to monopolies, BOYCOTT Micro$oft

Reply to
Hemant Mohan

This is comp.os._linux_.embedded. M$-free Zone here ;)

Sven

-- Osama bin Laden might wish to destroy America, but America is too big for him; he cannot do it. Bush may really do it. (Richard M. Stallman)

/me is giggls@ircnet,

on the Web

Reply to
Sven Geggus

You should use XP embedded. That does work. A collegue of mine uses it in multiple projects.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell